Today I worked on an “establishing shot” page for when C goes to see M at his office. I figured I could knock this one out in one studio visit without too much grief.
I did the thumbnail a few weeks ago.
Here are some practice sketches I worked on first.
And the final inked page. I’m not quite happy with how it came out, but I tried a few different ideas and tools, (like a crowquill dip pen), so I guess it’s not a total disappointment. Next time I think I’ll just use fine straight lines for greys (instead of squiggle lines [panel 1] and dry brush [panel 2]). I think they might not stand out so much.